An image is worth a thousand words. For Mason Greenwood, it was a fate far even worse than simply a thousand words. The Manchester United child was involved in debate when images of Harriet Robson, her sweetheart, submitted photos, videos and audio clips on her account that suggested she was a victim of physical abuse. “To everybody who wants to know what Mason Greenwood in fact does to me,” the caption said.
— Wilshere (@kb_gyan) March 31, 2022
This issue instantly erupted with Manchester United suspending the gamer.
Where is Mason Greenwood?
Regardless of keeping a low profile given that his arrest, Mason Greenwood was spotted for the very first time on April 1, driving a cars and truck around Cheshire while being dressed in a Cartier balaclava.
But fans on social networks all of a sudden began asking about his location after finding that Greenwood’s profile was still present on Manchester United’s site. It is to be kept in mind that United had actually disallowed him from the club and its premises. In addition, his profile was also removed, which was the factor for fans questioning whether he might be restored into the group.
Nevertheless, Manchester Night News reporter Samuel Luckhurst reported that his profile was just eliminated from the club’s app and not the site. This implies that the club’s stance on the problem has actually stayed the exact same.
On Mason Greenwood’s profile, it was gotten rid of from the United app when he was removed from the team in January to omit him from interactive aspects. His profile has constantly been noted on the desktop site as he’s an #mufc gamer. Club say Greenwood’s status hasn’t changed.
— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) March 31, 2022
This prompted replies from several fans who wanted Greenwood back on the group. Some fans even reached announcing that he is innocent and raised suspicions about Harriet Robson’s claim.
Several fans also stated that Greenwood was among the couple of positives in a season where they suffered humiliating defeats.
And with cases such as these taking months or perhaps years to conclude, it might be a long time before Greenwood (if he is acquitted on all the charges) takes the field.
There has actually likewise been no considerable reporting on him in the media.
Is Mason Greenwood still a Manchester United?
The factor might be basic if Greenwood in the future is stated complimentary of all charges, the act of ending his contract will be deemed unlawful. Under these scenarios, Greenwood might take legal action against the club, which might be more than what his agreement is worth.
On the other hand, Greenwood’s sponsor, Nike, had no such difficulty as they ended their contract with the gamer without any payment. Under the provision, if Greenwood’s actions triggered damage to Nike’s credibility and a loss of industrial value, the contract could be instantly ended.
What next for Mason Greenwood?
His present bail expires on April 30.
Even if he is acquitted (which would take a long period of time), United could settle with the player for early termination.
- January 30, 2022: Pictures of a bloodied, bruised Harriet Robson appear on her Instagram account. Later erased, the images went viral on numerous social media platforms.
- January 30, 2022: Greater Manchester Police released a statement. “Greater Manchester Authorities were made aware earlier today (Sunday, January 30) of online social media images and videos posted by a female reporting events of physical violence. An examination was launched, and following queries, we can confirm a male in his 20 s has considering that been apprehended on suspicion of rape and assault. He stays in custody for questioning. Queries are ongoing,” the statement said
- January 30, 2022: Manchester United released a declaration on the exact same day suspending Greenwood. “Mason Greenwood will not go back to training or play matches till more notice,” the declaration read.
- January 30, 2022: Reports emerge that Mason Greenwood has actually been apprehended on suspicion of sexual attack and hazard to eliminate.
- January 31, 2022: Greenwood is more jailed on suspicion of sexual attack.
- February 1, 2022: Manchester United issues a new statement on the issue. “Manchester United restates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind. As previously interacted, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or bet, the club until further notification,” the declaration read.
- February 1, 2022: Mason Greenwood is eliminated from FIFA 22 offline modes.
- February 2, 2022: Greenwood is released on bail. The bail expiration date is set for April 30.
- February 4, 2022: Harriet Robson provides a statement for the first time considering that her images went viral. “I’m grateful to everyone that has sent out messages of assistance and encouragement– thank you. “The last few days have actually been really difficult, and I’m taking a break from social media while the authorities make their investigations,” she composed on Instagram.
- February 7, 2022: Nike ends their agreement with Greenwood.
- February 7, 2022: PES and FIFA eliminated Greenwood from their video games.
- February 25, 2022: Greenwood is removed from Football Manager 22
- April 1, 2022: Mason Greenwood is identified for the first time considering that the allegations.
- April 30, 2022: The expiration date of Greenwood’s bail.